It’s almost that time of year we all look forward to—Spring Break! When the weather is warm and we get a break from our daily lives to enjoy time with friends and family. Whether you’re looking for a place to take the kids or a relaxing location for two, here are our Top 5 Spring Break vacation recommendations I know you’ll enjoy:
- Cancun/Riviera Maya, Mexico – For me Cancun and Riviera Maya are always the perfect getaway. Last year the Cancun area totally revamped their beaches and it has definitely paid off—the beaches are bigger and more beautiful than ever. Riviera Maya is about 30 miles south of Cancun and little quieter, so if you’re looking for a more secluded getaway for two then this is right area for you. Regardless of where you stay, you’ll be treated like royalty—resorts in Mexico are known for making their guests feel extra special and welcomed.
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic – I was lucky enough to go down to Punta Cana earlier this year for the first time and I can say with confidence that I am absolutely going back. I stayed at the brand new Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe, which sits right on Bavaro Beach (voted by National Geographic as one of the top 10 beaches in the entire world!). It was absolutely gorgeous. I can easily see why Punta Cana is quickly becoming one of our most popular vacation destinations.
- Orlando, Florida – Orlando is a classic place to go for Spring Break and a family vacation. There’s never a dull moment with all of the theme parks, shopping areas, golf courses, restaurants and so much more. Orlando really takes me back to being a kid—it’s a great vacation for the young and young at heart!
- Jamaica – Another place I would recommend for a Spring Break destination is Jamaica. I took a vacation to Montego Bay and loved every minute of it. I’ve been to many Caribbean Islands before but only in Jamaica did it seem like I was lying out on the beach for days when only an hour had passed by—it was so relaxing time simply slowed. Minutes seemed like hours, and it was heavenly!
- Hawaii – Hawaii is another great Spring Break destination for the whole family. Because of the different islands you can really tailor your vacation for what you’re looking for. Whether you want a beach getaway, history and culture or an adventure, you can find it all in Hawaii.
Wherever you decide to go for Spring Break I hope you enjoy it!