Earlier this year I was thrilled to introduce Delta’s newest onboard product enhancement, Economy Comfort, to everyone here on the blog. Over the past several months, the men and women of Delta TechOps have been working hard to ensure the entire international fleet is outfitted with Economy Comfort in time for the busy summer travel season. As usual, our Maintenance and Engineering pros didn’t disappoint! As of today, May 5, 108 of 170 planes are complete, with the remaining 62 scheduled for completion by June 1.
You can now book Economy Comfort seating for travel on or after June 1. For more details on booking and pricing, check out delta.com.
What does Economy Comfort offer?
- Priority Boarding in Zone 2 if you’re not already Sky Priority eligible
- 4 inches of additional legroom—many seats at the bulkhead and exit rows offer even more legroom
- 50% more recline.
- Free spirits and specialty cocktails, in addition to free beer and wine currently offered in international Economy
- In-Seat Power on all 757-200 ETOPS, 767-300ER, 767-400ER, 777 and A330 aircraft that feature personal video; power will be installed at all Economy Comfort seats over the next two years
- Free HBO, coming later this summer
Which are the Economy Comfort rows for each aircraft type?
- B747-400—Rows 22-26
- B757-200 ETOPS (with personal video)—Rows 19-22 A, B, C
- B757-200 ETOPS (with overhead video)—Rows 16-18
- B767-300ER—Rows 16-21
- B767-300ER(G)—Rows 14-19
- B767-400ER—Rows 15-18
- B777-200ER—Rows 31-34
- B777-200LR—Rows 31-34
- A330-200—Rows 10-13
- A330-300—Rows 10-14
What’s the status of installations?
- B747-400—Complete (16 of 16)
- B757-200 ETOPS (with personal video)—Complete (17 of 17)
- B757-200 ETOPS (with overhead video)—(0 of 7)
- B767-300ER—(50 of 59)
- B767-400ER— (1 of 21)
- B777-200ER—(5 of 8 )
- B777-200LR—Complete (10 of 10)
- A330-200—(0 of 11)
- A330-300—(11 of 21)
Total—108 of 170 (64%)
As always, we’d love to hear your feedback!
Sr. Product Manager
Customer Experience Planning & Development
And now for the fine print…
Economy Comfort seating will be offered on Delta’s Boeing 747, 757, 767 777 and Airbus A330 aircraft flying long-haul intercontinental routes between the U.S. and Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, the Middle East and South America (Lima, Brasilia, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Buenos Aires and Santiago only). Economy Comfort seating is limited and may not be available on all flights. The Economy Comfort Medallion travel companion benefit is applicable for up to eight companions traveling on the same reservation as the Medallion member. Group reservations are not applicable. For companions of Gold and Silver Medallion members, fees apply per seat. All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption and travel benefits, respectively. To review the rules, please visit Membership Guide & Program Rules.