Last week we asked for your best holiday travel tips and the response was phenomenal! It’s been a great week sharing and responding to all the tips we’ve received from our busy travelers. Thanks to everyone who shared their best advice.
Now for the good part. Below you’ll find the top 10 travel tips we received from Facebook, Twitter and here on the blog. We chose these to highlight based on uniqueness, helpfulness and, sometimes, what truly made us laugh. After all, what’s traveling for the holidays without a little fun?
In no particular order…
- @davidtwittes: If traveling international, make copies of your passport & visas. Keep them in your carry-on & checked bag.
- @jenniferadunn: Use time [waiting] in security line to remove jewelry, etc. & store in your carry on & have easy access to liquids & slip off shoes!
- @sweenyj: Save throw aways-gym clothes w/ holes, old socks. Bring and wear them, throw out as you go leaving room [in your bag] for souvenirs or gifts.
- Harry A.: Earplugs.
- @3Kleebs: Wear your baby & use the stroller to carry all your bags! Makes life MUCH easier (Author’s note: of course we asked for a photo. Adorable: http://twitpic.com/38b0fx)
- @jshawkw: Bring a small power strip to charge stuff @ the airport. You’ll quickly become everyone’s friend!
- @bevLaMarr: With kids: Devote 1 carryon to food. Pack EMPTY water bottles on top and fill post-security.
- @psbush: Be an Informed Traveler! Know the rules & the layouts of the airports you are traveling to and through!
- @MurilloJCarlos: Use the mobile Check-in on your iPhone or PDA. Makes things much easier!
- Sue G.: Roll up your clothes rather than fold them…you can get a lot more in your suitcase, and always give yourself more time than you think you will need to get to the airport, through security, etc. Much better to be sitting by your gate relaxing than on a dead run somewhere.
- @steffieflies: Use kiosks. People fear the technology, but it’s as easy as using your local ATM. It’s a time-saver during the holidays!
- Vincent D.: Grab a SkyMall and a copy of Sky magazine for the layover! [you can take them from the plane for free]
- Lee B.: Watch the movie “Up In The Air”. George Clooney had it down pat. I take advantage of all of his flying tips.
- Sharon H. Fly early in the day if you have a connecting flight. That way you have back-up flights in case you miss your connection due to weather or other unexpected delays.
Okay, that’s more than 10 tips but it was so hard to decide! If you want to check out the rest of the travel tips (and there are plenty of good ones) click on our Facebook post to read the comments, browse the #deltatips hashtag on Twitter or visit the original blog post. And feel free to keep the sharing going!
Wishing you a wonderful holiday season with safe and happy travels!
Delta Social Media