Summer is heating up here at Delta with new developments in our SkyMiles program. We’ve been listening and responding to customer concerns by developing new solutions and program features that better recognize and reward our loyal customers, and we’re excited to share our progress with you.
Today we’re announcing an industry-leading benefit that enables Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion® members to receive Complimentary Medallion Upgrades on SkyMiles Award Tickets when flying on most routes within or between the U.S. and Canada, the Caribbean, Bermuda, Mexico and select destinations in Central and South America. These upgrades will be automatically requested and will be eligible to clear after revenue tickets within your corresponding Medallion window.
Plus, more member-requested SkyMiles improvements are coming:
- Continue to redesign the Award Travel booking process and calendar on delta.com to improve the mileage redemption experience
- Expand the allocation of preferred Economy class seats on all Delta and Delta Connection® flights to ensure our most loyal customers receive the best seats
- Add the ability to upgrade on Alaska Airlines for Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallions, as part of the Delta and Alaska partnership expansion
And in 2011, we plan to:
- Enable you to redeem mileage upgrade Awards online
- Introduce a Miles and Money redemption option, similar to the former PerkChoice program, which will allow members to combine miles and money when buying a ticket
Check out delta.com/whatsahead for more on upcoming changes to the SkyMiles program!
We would love to hear what you think about these new features. What other SkyMiles benefits would you like to see? And, of course, how’s your summer going?
Vice President, SkyMiles program