We understand you love redeeming miles (and many of you also enjoy earning them) for those last-minute trips or dream vacations. On the other hand, it seems harder to do while also avoiding fees.
Well, we hear your concerns and are doing something about it.
Effective today, we are eliminating SkyMiles Award Ticket redemption fees. This means you will no longer pay a redemption fee when you book an Award Ticket within 20 days of departure (a saving of up to $150 per ticket). Plus, we’re waiving all redeposit and reissue fees for our Platinum Medallion® members.
So redeem your miles today and enjoy fewer fees and more value for your miles.
This is the latest in a series of changes to improve your SkyMiles experience, including:
- Introducing a Diamond Medallion tier in March and the industry’s first rollover Medallion Qualification Miles for 2010.
- Launching a “first checked bag free” benefit – up to a $50 savings per person on a round-trip ticket – for customers with a Consumer or Business Gold, Platinum, or Reserve Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express, which began June 1.
- Increasing the allocation of preferred Economy seats to ensure the most frequent travelers are guaranteed the best seats on all Delta and Delta Connection flights by August 2010.
- Allowing Delta’s most loyal customers – Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallions – flying on domestic award redemptions to be eligible for complimentary upgrades by September 2010.
- Re-engineering the online award calendar at delta.com to make it easier to find and redeem award seats. These changes began in May and will be completed by November 2010.
Learn more about these changes and catch up on the latest SkyMiles program news at delta.com.
And don’t forget that with Delta, you have more ways to redeem miles than any other airline – including airline tickets, mileage upgrades, car rentals, hotel stays, Delta Sky Clubä memberships, merchandise and 30+ gift cards. In fact, you and your fellow SkyMiles members redeemed over 230 billion miles for 11.3 million Award redemptions with Delta in 2009, making us (and you) a loyalty program industry leader.
So thank you for your business, and let us know what you think about these changes. Love ‘em? Don’t love ‘em? What else should we do to improve the SkyMiles program?
Manager, SkyMiles program