The weather is heating up – and so are the crowds at the airport. So, check out these time-saving travel tips to get to your summer getaway or that all-important business meeting without breaking a sweat.
- Skip The Lines: Check in online up to 24 hours before departure, from a Web-enabled mobile device in select cities, or by scanning your itinerary at our self-service airport kiosks.
- Arrive Early: Get to the airport at least 1 hour and 30 minutes prior to domestic departures and 2 hours prior to international flights to meet required check-in times and clear security.
- Be One With Your Bag : Size up your carry-on bag to ensure it fits our requirements (22″ x 14″ x 9″ with wheels and handles) and review checked baggage rules and fee information. Then, check baggage at the counter or with our Skycaps curbside.
- Go Over Guidelines For Specialty Travel: Review regulations for children traveling without a parent or guardian and summer restrictions for pet travel.
- Prep Your Passport & Other Travel Docs: Stay up-to-date on passport and visa requirements, as well as the Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) Secure Flight program.
- Speed Through Security: Know the requirements for security checkpoint requirements, pack your 3-ounce containers of liquids in a quart-size, clear plastic, zip-top bag and read the DOT’s Safe Travel information about traveling with spare batteries.
- Stay In The Know: Sign up for Delta Messenger and receive real-time flight notifications on schedule changes.
Have a question or need assistance at the airport? Look for one of our Red Coat customer service agents.
Do you have a travel tip to share?
Manager, Marketing Communications