When you think of a magical destination, where is the first place you think? Well, if you have kids or are a kid at heart, it’s Walt Disney World®. I am really excited to say that Delta Vacations added Walt Disney World® Resorts to its lineup on April 6. During the process of adding this destination, I was able to travel down to Florida and receive some training on Walt Disney World® and its products. I thought – Why do I need Disney training? I have been there a million times and I know everything there is to know. Boy was I wrong! Here are a few tips that I learned from the Disney Experts themselves.
1) There really is a big difference when you stay on-property at a Walt Disney World® Resort Hotel. There are a ton of extras that you and your family will receive, but a couple of my favorites are:
- Extra Magic Hours – Each day, Disney Resort hotel guests are offered exclusive time in a Walt Disney World theme park one hour prior to scheduled park opening or for up to three hours after park closing; the park varies from day to day. In addition, Disney water parks sometimes open one hour early for guests of Disney Resort hotels.
- Free airport transfers – this is called Disney’s Magical Express. They take care of everything, you don’t even need to pick your luggage up from baggage claim, they take care of it all!
- Convenient transportation (via monorail, ferry boat or motorcoach) between the parks and your hotel. Now this is a great benefit. Just think, when you get tired and hot in the middle of the day, you can go back to your hotel, take a nap or cool off with a swim and then go back to the park later in the day.
- Free package delivery to your hotel. Now this may sound like a small thing, but just think how nice it will be not to lug around packages all day long. I used it when I was down there and it was so nice.
2) If you are a person that feels like you are running all over the park looking for the shortest lines, well there are a couple of things I can help you with there.
- Disney’s FASTPASS Service – I think you can look at it as a feature that holds your place in line. You go to the ride and use your ticket to get a FASTPASS, you then come back at the time it says and you can go right to the front of the line. It really is a great way to maximize the fun in your day.
- Speaking of planning your time well, there is an App that helps you do just that. The Mobile Magic Application: Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and Verizon have teamed up to enhance the guest experience at Walt Disney World Resort. Guests are able to access an array of features on their Verizon Wireless phones including the ability to easily locate shows, restaurants and the Disney characters anywhere inside the parks; get real-time attraction availability information; access mobile games; receive messages from characters, and more.
3) There are so many fun things to do at Walt Disney World® than just going on rides. There are a ton of great events that are designed for everyone to share in the fun and magic of Disney. Some of my favorites include:
- Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival in the Spring
- Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood StudiosÔ (Late Spring/Early Summer)
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (Select Nights Sept/Oct at the Magic Kingdom)
- Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival (Fall)
- Holidays Around the World
- Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend (January)
Now I could go on and on about how magical Disney truly is, how it really is a place where dreams come true and there is a story to be told at every corner, but I think that is something that you need to discover on your own.
With Delta Vacations, we offer everything you need to plan and book your perfect Walt Disney World® Resort vacation. Our vacations include airfare, on-site hotels, theme park tickets, optional dining programs, 1,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles® program and so much more. Visit Delta Vacations online or give us a call to learn more. You can also contact your travel agent.