Oh, the weather outside may be frightful. But try out these helpful holiday travel tips from our frequent flyers and employees to ensure your upcoming trip is delightful.
Beeline from Booking to Boarding:
• If you book a one- or multi-stop trip, make sure you allow time to make your connection, especially at major hubs. If you travel through LaGuardia with Delta Shuttle, remember that you will need to make a connection in a different terminal.
• Check in online at delta.com up to 24 hours before departure or from your cell phone/PDA at select cities. Checking in with your iPhone? Snap a screen capture so you can easily pull up your boarding pass at security checkpoints.
• Plan to get to the airport early. It’s better to be early than late! Use the extra time to catch your breath in the Delta Sky Club (Treat yourself – or someone else – to a One Day pass for $50).
• Use your camera or cell phone to snap a photo of your parking spot location. It’s quick and easy, and you’ll appreciate it when you return!
• Check flight status monitors and listen for announcements in case of gate changes.
Make Carrying-on a Cinch (Not a Grinch):
• Review what you can and can’t take through security checkpoints. Travel in shoes that are easy to slip on and off. Buy a bottle of water once you clear security to stay hydrated.
• Pack toiletries and “freshen up” items in your carry-on, just in case! Add toothpaste, a toothbrush, an extra pair of socks and trial-size Febreze so you can change and feel refreshed. Don’t forget to put liquids – less than 3.4 oz. – in a quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag.
• Drop your mp3 player in your carry-on. Don’t forget the headset and charger. They’ll come in handy onboard. Plus, download podcasts ahead of time to pass the time before boarding.
• Tote a book or magazine to read, especially for boarding, take-off, landing and when your row-mate won’t stop blabbering.
• Add a snack to your carry-on in case your stomach rumbles before the Biscoffs come around.
So, relax and enjoy the ride!
Rachael R., Marketing
Justin R., Technical Operations
Reynaldo, Marketing Finance
Frank W., Marketing
What do you think of these tips? Have other tricks of the travel trade? Leave us a comment below or send a tweet @DeltaBlog.