Delta raised the bar this year with its breast cancer awareness and fundraising efforts. This year’s highlights include:
· Melissa Etheridge performing an in-flight concert for approximately 60 employee breast cancer survivors on Delta’s signature Pink Plane.
· Delta employees staffing 25 Pink Boutiques at airports and other Delta facilities across the system. The Boutiques featured a variety of clothing and other pink accessories with all proceeds benefiting BCRF.
· Onboard, flight attendants sold pink lemonade donated by The Coca-Cola Company as a fundraiser and accepted donations from customers.
· Employees used their attire to show support. Some flight attendants sported special pink versions of Delta’s signature dress while other customer-facing employees donned pink shirts, ties, pocket squares and other accessories.
· A variety of individual actions demonstrated employee support for the fundraising efforts, including MSP-based flight attendant Heinie Lund doing backflips in the galley to raise donations. He and fellow flight attendant Vicki McCutchan have raised more than $4,200 to date.
These are just a few of the ways Delta people took Flight for the Fight in October. To hear firsthand some of our employee survivor stories, check out the YouTube video above.