I know many of you out there travel frequently, so you know that everyone has those things that you can’t leave home without, especially around the holidays. It’s like in your normal day-to-day when you make sure that you check your pockets for your wallet, your keys and your cell phone. I do that check before each flight.
These are the things that I can’t fly without:
1. iPhone: Perhaps one of the greatest inventions of all time, the iPhone simply makes life easier. I use the e-mail, the internet, the GPS (which is more accurate than any GPS in my cars), I text with it, I have all my songs on it, photos, videos and so much more. It is easily the device that I am the most dependent on. In fact, I’m writing my blog right now from my iPhone!
2. Bose Headphones: I have those sound neutralizing headphones that are unbelievable. They were given to me as a gift and at first I didn’t think they were any different than normal headphones. But they literally suction over your ears so that you hear nothing but the music playing. On long flights, they’re especially important.
3. Neck pillow: Yep, I’m that dork who walks through the airport with one of those neck pillows. My wife laughs at me and makes fun of me for it but it’s amazing. I used to be too embarrassed by it and had one of those ones that you blew up once you got on the plane. But after trying the one that has those little comfortable beads in it, I’m sold.
4. Magazines: I need to keep myself entertained when I’m on the plane so I pick up the standard guy magazines: Sports Illustrated and ESPN. I’m a huge fan of all sports and I like to read up as much as possible. I also pick up a newspaper and, I’m not going to lie, read my wife’s US Weekly and People when she’s done.
5. Gum: I was never one of those people that had issues with my ears getting plugged up or popping on planes. However, I’ve always chewed gum on planes and, whether true or not, think that that might be the reason why I’ve never had issues. Because of that, I never fly without gum!
What are some things that you can’t travel without? Let me know and I’ll tell you what I think!
Carson Palmer is the Quarterback of the Cincinnati Bengals and a frequent Delta flier.